Beyond Border Experience

Mission in Paris

I am currently in Paris as an exchange MBA student at ESSEC Business School. Two days before coming to the “escargot Parisian” I broke my heel; consequently, until one week ago I was on crutches. Finding a shared apartment was very complicated, my French was limited and the French I encountered seemed to not have any sympathy for my broken French and heel… I had to send over 25 emails and do a Skype interview with my roommates in order to find my apartment. As the room was empty, I had to buy an IKEA bed online, which arrived four days later.  This cost me four nights of sleep on a couch that measured 120 cm by 60 cm! As my heel was broken, I had to send my baggage by delivery, a delivery which coincided with the strike in France, so in addition to the fractured heel and sleeping on the couch for four days; I spent four days with exactly the same clothes. To make matters worse, the first day of class I was late to one of the most important classes, International Luxury Distribution, because I got lost in the subway for two hours. I arrived 25 minutes late: “typical Spanish”.

But now I’m great, the Business School has a considerable level, I am living close to Notre-Dame, I am sleeping in a huge bed, and besides making new friends, I am meeting with people I met “on the road” (people like to say Networking).

I think that when you overcome barriers, you become a survivor, and in the global world where we live in, future managers must be international, we must have studied and worked in several countries, we must have lived adversities and learned from them. We must have slept on uncomfortable couches, we must have been lost in the subway, we must have worn the same clothes for four days, we must have lived the chaos to find a suitable place to stay. This is because the managers of tomorrow, in addition to being business school graduates, must be resourceful people, always prepared not only with lessons from Business Schools, but also those learnt outside.

A la prochaine

Roque F. Adrada (current MIM student)

3 thoughts on “Mission in Paris: Roque F. Adrada, current MIM student tells us about his adventures as an exchange student in Paris

1. Zaur Garaisayev

Spartan! Bravo!

2. i truly love your blog .keep write more and more your blog is very great to me.^_^ hì hì

3. We do Salanganes’Nest at a moderate temperature, not boiling above 100 ° C. Generally, oats processing methods mainly steamed, not cook directly. Do not give too much sugar is sugar candy though, in dishes made from bird’s nests for more sugar content will increasingly reduce the effects of positive support bird nests.

Depending on demand, customers can select the nest purified type I, type II refined oats, raw oats. Each different type of design only, the price but the nutritional value is quite similar.

We process bird nest in the correct and moderate temperatures, not to boil above 100 degrees Celsius, the methodology .Thuong oats processing mainly steamed or pasture, should not cook directly because it removes the nutrients inherent in oats Also, one thing that the sweet spot is very much aware that although bird nest processing into food does not make up for too much sugar even if it’s sugar candy by it also reduces the nutritional value of oats .After nest way is rough when you buy from the store about.

Step 1: Scrub the surface of oats

Wet oats, use a clean brush, scrub the surface of oats to remove impurities on the surface of the oats.

Step 2: Soak the oats in water

After the scrub clean the impurities on the surface of oats, the oats in 1 cup water to soak the oats are soft. Soaking time depending on the type of nest. Example: canaries have time soak for 2-3 hours, blood nest is required 4-5 hours.

Note: Do not wait for the whole oats are new soft cleansing impurities, because nests on the soft pastels, with the share lost more time. So if you wait for the whole oats are soft, it will make the soft pastels of the oats will be flabby out. Therefore, to ensure a good level of nutrition and the oats, we should clean soft pastels before, during clean up this section, the soft part of the oats will be long enough time for us to clean up.

Step 3: Remove the bird nests from the water

After the oats soaked time, we picked up a plate nest to prepare clean white feathers nest and impurities. Divide every few small nests out for easy cleaning, use tweezers to grab Dedicated tiny hairs found in oat fiber.

Step 4: Pick up the hair clean

For just picked clean feathers nest in Step 3 to 1 sieve with very small sieve, sieve into a bowl of fresh water dip. Now the tiny hairs in the thread will swallow more visible, we picked this tiny hairs out. Shake gently sieve, changing water several times to remove the undercoat.
    akak