Current MIM Student, Charles Oben

You know nothing!” How would you feel if a former student says that to you on your first day at IE Business School during the opening ceremony?

An interesting way to start, don’t you think? But what does “you know nothing” mean, as clearly we all knew something otherwise we wouldn’t have been accepted.

It’s about a mindset; to make the most out of your IE experience, behave as if you knew nothing. Then you will truly make the most of all the learning opportunities open to you.

Here’s an example:

During the 2nd week of orientation, my intake had a CV/Careers workshop. I was skeptical about what else I could learn for several reasons: my parents are both HR managers, I’d been to dozens of these workshops while at university, I’ve had my CV checked by lots of managing directors and my CV had gotten me interviews with companies like WPP, L’Oreal & Standard Chartered. So as I said, I was skeptical but tried to keep an open mind.

That’s how I learned about the sweet taste of rejection.

During the workshop, we worked on the ‘elevator pitch’. You know, that 30 seconds you get to sell yourself to whomever in a random encounter. It could be in an elevator for that matter, a plane, at a careers event, basically anywhere. These encounters happen all the time and it’s important to be ready for them.

I thought I was.

I was wrong.

I got rejected by my professor – not once, not twice, but thrice. I didn’t get a business card, I didn’t make a good impression and I missed a very clear opening to bring up the topic of applying to the company. But I learned a lot; hence, the sweet taste of rejection.

I realized I knew nothing. I had never practiced an elevator pitch as I didn’t even realize I needed one. In one session, I learned something no one had taught me during my 4 years at university.

So, let’s review.

You know nothing. “Only he, who believes he knows nothing, is ready to learn everything.”

46 thoughts on ““You know nothing” – Insights by current MIM student Charles Oben

1. Pingback: rabaty
  2. Pingback: styczen
  3. Paul

Hi very informative article thanks for sharing. Lite 1.4

4. sakshi

great post.. click here

5. All want to know more about downloading and using xcode on windows. Therefore, we have created this tutorial for you. Which will help you…. find similar tutorial for your blog too and share with all over internet.

6. Here’s an example:

That’s how I learned about the sweet taste of rejection. Now many people have already tired any tested the same. Still no answer has been received from the authority peoples.

7. Hello everyone, welcome to DafuqTech, we’re here to provide you some of the best how to guides, lists, and other awesome articles related to tech & gadgets!

8. Hello everyone, welcome to Hahatricks, we’re here to provide you some of the best how to guides, lists, and other awesome articles related to tech & gadgets!

9. Jacksion Jeam

Hey, You have Nice Article in this site have. Geometrydashdownload

10. Great information. Lucky me I came across your website by chance (stumbleupon). I’ve book-marked it for later!

11. Great Share. Amazing Info… Thanks for the same…

12. In our evaluations of single- and – dual-flush toilets, the top over all scorers were priced on midway in the class. The best flushing toilet also conserve water while still delivering worry-free performance.

13. Very Nice Article ,Can I get all of Your article In my Email .

14. Nicely written article.

15. Nice written article and well described.

16. best budget graphics cards 2018 When it comes to gaming, the graphics card is the beating heart that pumps pixels out of your obelisk of a tower and into your monitor, and the best graphics card is the GTX 1070. But that’s not the only card worth considering, and the upcoming GTX 1070 Ti is likely to replace it as the must-have card for gaming.

The graphics card consists of dedicated video memory and a graphics processing unit (GPU) that handles all sorts of calculations, like mapping textures and lighting surfaces while rendering millions of polygons. Simply put, finding the best graphics card for your budget will have the most impact on your PC’s gaming experience. We’ve sifted through the current options and picked out the best graphics cards that are worthy of going in your next PC, whether it’s a savvy middle-of-the-road build, a budget rig, or a 4K monster.
    – Check out this week’s best graphics card deals

Nvidia has everything from the pixel smashing GTX 1080 Ti, to the GTX 1080, and flowing down to the GTX 1070, GTX 1060, GTX 1050 Ti, and GTX 1050. There’s also the Titan Xp, which replaces the Titan X (Pascal) as the absolute fastest card (but it’s not even remotely worth the small price increase over the 1080 Ti). The GTX 1070 Ti is also rumored to be coming out soon, which will either cause price drop on the 1070, or it may replace that card in the market.

AMD has revamped its GPU lineup as well, replacing the 400-series cards with new 500-series parts. All of the 400-series and 500-series use AMD’s Polaris architecture, and more recently, AMD launched the RX Vega 64 and RX Vega 56. Unfortunately, AMD GPUs above the RX 560 continue to suffer from higher than expected prices, and power and efficiency remain serious concerns. The RX Vega 64 performance is good, but it’s not better than the year-old GTX 1080.

Previous generation graphics cards are mostly no longer manufactured, though you can find used/refurbished models. What’s important to remember is that you don’t need to upgrade your graphics card unless you’re unhappy with its performance.

Cryptocurrency mining for coins like Bitcoin and Ethereum continues to cause difficulties for gamers. We wouldn’t recommend chasing mining rewards, as the net proceeds have dropped quite a bit, but others clearly have more faith in blockchain technologies. AMD’s Polaris (RX 570/580) and Vega (RX Vega 56/64) GPUs are priced up to 30 percent higher than the official launch prices, and mainstream Nvidia GPUs (GTX 1060/1070) are still a bit higher than we’d like. But looking at the current market, here are the best graphics cards for gaming.