1My name is Stephany Rossi Snyder, and I was born in Florence, Italy, and I was also raised and educated in the US. As an undergraduate I studied Philosophy and Comparative Literature as well as History and Science. Considering my background, it is easy to understand why transitioning from Philosophy to a graduate Business degree at IE was not an easy shift for me to make.

I discovered IE through a family friend who gave me a list of the top Business Schools in Europe. IE’s reputation in addition to its location interested me and I decided to fly to Madrid in order to attend an Open Day. During my visit I was impressed not only by IE’s administrators, staff, and the MIM facilities, but also by the alumni that spoke about the program. Watching each of the 6 or 7 students talk about their experiences at IE gave me a tangible and exciting perspective, and it was after that event that I realized IE would be a great fit for me.

My experience in the MIM program was all encompassing, intense, and concentrated throughout the program’s 10-months duration. At first I felt a little overwhelmed. However, I soon I realized I had the support of the staff, and, most importantly, of my new classmates. We were all in it together, overwhelmed together, confused together, but also excited about our program and about working together. I was surprised and impressed by the way we all bonded, and how eager we were to help each other settle in (posting on Facebook and Whatsapp groups everything from additional helpful reading material to which are the best sushi restaurants in Madrid).

This spirit of connecting was especially important concerning the academic side of the program. The MIM gives a well-rounded approach to subjects that relate to Business, and the intense group work assures that you are learning from your peer’s experience. This is why friendships and teamwork were essential for me during my time at IE. Coming from a Philosophy background, I needed to learn more about certain basic subjects than my classmates in order to keep up with the program. The majority of my peers supported me and helped me understand new concepts- my team members played to my strengths and helped me work through my weaknesses, while my close friends volunteered their time studying with me for all of the Accounting and Finance exams.

Talking about the special friendships I’ve built during my time at IE brings me to another important part of my experience in the MIM: the many new things I also learned about different cultures, countries, and people. Seeing the number of nationalities represented in the brochure or the website is remarkable, but it pales in comparison to experiencing it yourself. I have learned so much about other cultures and their values and habits across the world during my ten months in the program. My closest friends are German, Lebanese, French, Mexican, Spanish, South Korean, Portuguese, Colombian, and more. Being exposed to people from so many backgrounds during the MIM program was priceless for me. More than this, my friends were open and eager to share their stories and proud to share their cultures. I have been told I have a house to stay in almost everywhere in the Americas, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East…[…].

52 thoughts on “Transitioning from Philosophy to Business – MIM Alumna Stephany Rossi Snyder (Part 1/2)

1. Jason

I must say you had very nice experience, and specially thanks for letting everyone knows about it. appreciated How to Block Someone on WhatsApp

2. Villan

I must agree that you have provided one of the best guide on WhatsApp for PC

3. vikash

You encouraged me a lot for MIM program.

greetings from Whatsapp For PC team

4. Karl Mania

Thanks for this fantastic post we have got indiancountrynm.org

5. oykum

This is great to see translation Philosophy in business mind. Enjoyed reading!
    visit my blog here: whatsapp for pc download

6. Jason

Such a very interesting article. wechat for pc

7. Pobg

I wonder where did you take your effort and determination
    WhatsApp for PC

8. It’s incredible your story. I’m absolutely glad for you.
    Cheers

9. Minis Chup

Thanks for this amazing post wechatforpcr.com

10. Minis Chup

I think this is amazing post as I have the reason for the same which you are not working with whatsappforpcmi.com

11. Karan

Here is the guide provided with the help of which you will be getting the great thing about the problem of Xender for PC easily.

12. Karan

That being said here is the working tutorial to get the best method to download SHAREit for PC

13. Karan

I think this is really amazing post all about the business things which are really nice and good. CLash of CLans for PC

14. Manih

Well the things which you have described here is wonderful and I like the way you are presenting it here. Thanks a lot for it xender download

15. Kuldeep

thanks so much for this nice article
    xender for pc download looking more to read.

16. Sanaya

Hey guys, sanaya here who loves to write article on WeChat for PC wechatforpcworld.com

17. Sanaya

Thanks for sharing this wonderful guide SHAREit for PC

18. Hello Yeah your blog is really awesome and loved it. Also have a look on my blog and comment on this and tell how u liked it.
    November 2015 blackout. Hope you Liked it.
    Thanks.

19. John

Binary options reviews of brokers, trading news and community at http://eriecdp.org/

20. Pavan

Thank you very much for WeChat for PC download guide given to use to read visit this

21. Rita

WhatsApp for PC or COmputer is really awesome thing which I have found on this website forpcapp.com

22. article was interesting and worth a read. writing skills were good. i wish you all Happy makarsankrati with Makar Sankranti Essay

23. I am impressed with the way you covers the whole article. Thanks for sharing and keep posting such nice information. I am truly pleased to read this website which defines our thoughts. looking more from you in future. I think you did an outstanding job ! Thanks for this!

24. Business is part of life, after reading this post getting more information from this post.

25. That’s true that I am impressed with the way you covers the whole article. Thanks for sharing and keep posting such nice information. I am truly pleased to read this website which defines our thoughts. looking more from you in future. I think you did an outstanding job ! Thanks for this! thanks bye.

26. That’s true that I am impressed with the way you covers the whole article. Thanks for sharing and keep posting such nice information. I am truly pleased to read this website which defines our thoughts. looking more from you in future. I think you did an outstanding job ! Thanks for this! thanks bye. Thanks.