We sat down with MIM 2016 graduate Carlos Mateos to hear a little bit about his experience after the program.

Tell us a little bit about your educational and professional background.

My name is Carlos Mateos, I’m from Madrid and I’m 23 years old. I studied Civil Engineering, and last year I did my Masters in Management at IE Business School and another Master in Civil Engineering.

Where are you currently working?

Now I’m working in Altamar Capital Partners, in the M&A Department. Altamar provides independent merchant banking and financial advisory services in mergers and acquisitions, exits and placements on the stock exchange and debt restructuring. The firm was founded in Spain in 2004, it has a team of over 120 professionals and offices in Madrid, Barcelona and Santiago de Chile.

You have experience working for startups. Tell us about your current venture.

Since I am very interested in banking as well as business, I created and manage a brand that sells ties, La Costurera. I made the website, the marketing strategies and I designed the product. This business allows me to grow, and analyze data, and translate that data into decisions I make for the brand. (www.lacosturera.eu)

How do you think the MIM at IE helped you to develop your professional career?

Even though I came from an engineering background, the Master in Management proved to be a period of enriching experience for me. With high level teachers and the practical classes, I learnt a great deal about management and finance. IE has better prepared me for my career and future.

What was your favorite aspect of the program?

The Master in Management at IE has been an incredible experience both academically and personally. Combining management with other skills, I could freely express my thoughts to the professors as I have from my fellow students who bring a multinational perspective to the classroom

Any advice for current or prospective students?

As an engineer, the MIM at the IE, was extremely helpful to succeed in management and executive functions. It helps me to see business in other way and from other perspectives. I like its entrepreneurial and friendly atmosphere. Diverse class and faculty make it a truly great experience. One-year full time program allows you to get the maximum from the program. If you have doubts about doing a Master, the best option is to study in IE Business School.

Thanks, Carlos. We are wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavors!