As September is approaching soon, lets take another sneak-peak into the background of another new member of  theIE family  – Kimberly ReMine.

• Name: Kimberly ReMine
  • Nationality: USA (American)
  • Ethnicity: Asian
  • Alma Mater: DePaul University, Chicago, IL
  • Study Abroad: Zagreb, Croatia (2011)
  • Interesting Facts: Adopted at 6-months old, 4 brothers, Does not speak Spanish!, Went 3 months without showering (while living in the wilderness), (American) Breakfast is my favorite meal, Just recently spoke in front of 6,000 people (Graduation Student Speaker)
  • Hobbies: Running, Biking, Baking, Traveling, Movies, Foodie, Adventure

Why did I choose IE?

I want to go to graduate school. I want to live in Europe. I want to be challenged. Thus, I found IE. But honestly, I was not familiar with the graduate business schools in Europe so I looked up the 10 best schools in Europe according to the Financial Times ranking. After website shopping to get the feel of each school, I felt most connected to IE. Its core values of Entrepreneurship and Innovation excited me – as well as their push for diversity and the global classroom. IE’s location in the heart of Madrid also was very significant in my decision becuase I wanted to learn beyond the classroom – culture and independency. I can’t wait to find out what this Siesta is all about! Overall, I’m very confident in my decision and am very excited to attend IE!

The Admissions Response

I was…estatic! The admission process is always hard for me becuase I often get so nervous and overthink the process. ‘Did I give the best answers to interview questions?’ ‘Was that essay what they are looking for?’ ‘Maybe there were still typos!’ So when I recieved my acceptance email, I did not hold back – I called all my family and friends to share the great news. Also, knowing that I was to continue my education after my undergrad made me appreciate the current coursework that I was going through – knowing that I would only build upon it in a foreign university.

What did I do to prepare for this big trip?

Where to start? Traveling, learning, and living in a foreign country is extremely challenging! Visa’s, finances, accomodation, traveling dates – it is definitly a long process but I am confident that it will all be worth it. For me, the toughest part was planning for the future while finishing the present. I was finishing my senior year in an honors program with two internships. During finals week, I had to study and complete five exams, consolidate my one-room apartment into two overseas bags, travel and be in my brothers wedding, prepare and make my visa apointment, and prepare for my summer job in Croatia. A high stress week! Somehow, I have managed to put the pieces together to prepare myself, one step at a time. I owe Jean-Marrie and (Assistant) Michelle alot of credit, as the N. American representatives of IE. I was constantly emailing and calling when I had concerns or doubts in terms of my preparedness and they were very helpful is assiting in whatever I needed!

However, my current preperation is some R&R. That is exactly why I am in Croatia – on the beautiful coast – catching some sun and enjoying a little break J