Kiron Ravindran,
Associate Dean of the Master in Management Program

As the Associate Dean of the Master in Management Program, I’m thrilled to pass on some great news that you may like to hear. But let me first introduce myself: I took over from Martin Boehm as the Associate Dean of the MIM programs early this year, I teach management of information technology and innovation. I’m Indian, love geeky stuff, I hike, and am absolutely addicted to coffee. And I believe, in the end, everyone is a techie. Oh and by the way, I love this job, especially since I get to share good news with you.

The Financial Times rankings are out: Woohoo! We are now #5 in the world! The ranking captures both your successes after graduation and our work to improve the program you were once a part of. This public recognition makes us both look good, so here’s a toast to our achievement. To stay proud, we both need to work hard. On our end, we have been working on a number of new initiatives. 

• Last month, we welcomed over 250 new students in the MIM program—our largest intake so far. It was nice to have a MIM alumna, Marcella Chamorro, deliver the keynote address. She’s an entrepreneur, writer and blogger from Managua, Nicaragua. You should check out her blog. It’s really cool.
  • To offer more choices and customization to our students, we are launching a new specialization in Integrated Marketing and Communication. This program will be targeted to a career in Advertising and is sponsored by McCann Worldgroup, who will be provided guest lecturers and opportunities for hands-on projects. This is an exciting development and hopefully we can soon replicate this industry involvement in the rest of our program.
  • We’ve raised our industry interaction with the Executive Insight Series. Last year we had 20 speakers, including some MIM alumni. So do let us know when you are in town so we can have you show off your career path to the current students.
  • Speaking of which, the next time you land in Madrid, you may see some of the innovation suggested by our students. Based on some of your feedback, we changed the way we ran the Corporate Immersion Week. Now called i2i Consulting Lab – which stands for Insight-2-Innovation – the challenges we solve are real challenges that companies are currently facing. This year’s workshop addressed challenges faced by Aena.  And now, we’re looking forward to a similar project with Metro de Madrid in November.

This year, one of my goals it to strengthen ties between the program and you, our global family. This post and updates every quarter are just small steps in this direction. It’s nice to stay in touch, no? So let us give you opportunities to present yourself, your companies and your projects to the IE Community at large or to help you get in touch with other resources within IE. Share this post, connect with your fellow alums, and of course, drop us a line at mimalumni@ie.edu

Hope to share more exciting developments with you in the coming months.  Have a great autumn.